Depending on where you’re going and what you’re doing, what you will pack can vary. Here are a few things that can help make traveling with kids just a little bit easier.
1. Stuff for your kids to do while they are waiting! Whether it be in the backseat of the car on a roadtrip or waiting in the departure lounge at the airport – make sure you have a few things handy for your kids to do. Books, iPad, pencils and paper, an mp3 player and favorite toys always come in handy during this time.
2. Anything your kids need to help them sleep. If they have a favorite sleep toy – bring it! If they have a white noise machine – bring it! Sleeping in a different space can sometimes be overwhelming for a child, so anything that can give them a sense of familiarity can often be a great source of comfort when sleeping in a different bed.
3. An identity tag. A necklace or a bracelet with information about your child, who to call if they get lost or separated from you.
4. Something to suck on. This can make the world of difference in helping children relieve the pressure during the take off and lading when flying. A pacifier, a bottle or a lollypop all work great! Breastfeeding is also
5. First Aid Kit and Medication. A basic first aid kid, and any medications you think you might need. Not all countries have the same medicines available, and sometimes it can be hard to track down a pharmacy!